Bandaids

I don't know many kids who don't love bandaids. I loved them so much as a little girl that I think my mom hid them. Eventually, I would find them, get out the smallest size bandage (I always loved those itty bitty ones! They were so cute!), and fix all my doll's boo-boos. When my mom would discover I did this, she would lecture me about how much bandaids cost, money doesn't grow on trees, and stuff like that. I resolved that when I became a mom, my child would have all the bandaids they wanted!

And sure enough, my 6-year-old Zachary loves bandaids, too! Since I never had "cool" bandaids with any kind of characters on them, I make sure Zach does. One Christmas someone gave him Thomas the Train bandaids and made his entire year. For Christmas this year, he got Frozen bandaids in his stocking. (Yes, he is a boy. Yes, he loves Frozen.) Whenever he runs low on bandaids - which is quite often - he lets me know he needs more. He is allowed to use them as he wishes. Just the other day he came out with Ana and Elsa on three of his fingers. No real boo-boos that I saw. He just said his fingers hurt. And that's okay. They are his bandaids.

Some days, I need a bandaid - not an actual bandage, but something to cover the hurt. To make me feel better. My hurts are not physical but emotional - the deep wounds of the heart. I am thankful that on those days, I can go to God's Word and find comfort. Psalm 34:18 says, "The Lord is near to those who are brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 147:3 says, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." How thankful I am that the Lord has given us a bandaid for our broken hearts!

Comments

  1. Good job, Rebecca!! Sure hope this is the first of many posts!! GOD bless! Smitty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment