Being Obedient

Don't have time to read a long blog? Me either. Being a wife, mom of 2 boys, a pastor's wife, and all those other titles that women hold take up most of my day. Reading is not on the agenda. But God has been prompting me to write. My husband Stewart said something a week or so ago that caused me to get on the bandwagon. He said, "Most blogs are too long. You should write a one minute blog." Wow. A great idea!

So how much can the average person read in a minute? A quick Google search revealed the answer is about 250 words. So here you go. I can't promise this will happen every day, but my hope is at least once a week, we'll spend a minute together!

Our church has been going through a time of 21 days of prayer and fasting. Our church members helped write a devotional book, and let me tell you, it has been out of this world! Many of the people who wrote for it are my friends, and I never even knew they could write! God has used it in a huge way in my life to show me I need to throw off what hinders me and be obedient. Thus, here I am.  Writing something that may never be read. But I am doing what has been on my heart to do for a long time.

This prompting to write didn't only come to me. It has also come to Stewart.  He preached a sermon series 5 years ago that he knew at the time he was supposed to make into a book. We have talked a thousand times about when he was going to write it. "I just need to make time."  "I just need to take a week and write." Blah, blah, blah...5 years later and still nothing. This week during fasting and devotion, God said to start now. I am so proud. And I am so excited!

So now we are a writing family. Whatever may come from either endeavor, I pray God will use it for His glory and purpose. How do you need to be obedient today? Take the first step. It's worth it!

Comments

  1. I cannot wait to read this (and Stewart's book!)! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment