Journaling Your Prayers: Part 2

Last week I shared with you some of my journaling "journey." I promised some pointers this week, so here you go!

Is there any secret to journaling? Not really. All I do is journal my thoughts toward God, which is my praise to Him, my confessions, and my specific requests. I especially journal my specific concerns for my family. That is my most important job as a wife and mother. On Sundays, I spend most of my time praying for Stewart as he prepares to preach. As a pastor's wife, that is one of my main tasks, and I take it very seriously!

If you were to read my journal, you would notice several things:

1. Sometimes I don't make sense. My grammar is bad; my spelling is bad; my handwriting can be even worse. None of that matters!

2. Sometimes I pray scripture. It is another way of keeping a record of what spoke to me that particular day.

3. Sometimes I have a sentence from something I'm studying.

4. Sometimes there is a time marked in the journal. There have been many occasions that i have gotten up in the middle of the night to pray. I try to always make note of that. God usually does something significant in my life during those times!

Keeping a journal is sort of life your spiritual scrapbook. In the pages, you can find pictures of what you have learned on every stop of the way in your life. You see what mementos you have picked up. You are mapping your journey with God so someday you can look back on it and see where you've been. With Jesus, no matter where the road has taken you, it's never a boring ride!

Comments