Happy 40th Birthday, Stewart!

There was something in my past for which I was terribly ashamed. What had happened had not been my fault - not even a little bit - but the enemy had used it for years to torment me. Stewart and I had been dating for nearly a year before I told him about this gaping scar on my soul. I just knew he was going to be done with me when I told him. His response brought tears to my eyes then, and it still does today:

"There is nothing you could say or do that would make me stop loving you."

And that is the man I married. He has loved me so unconditionally through nearly half my life. He has loved me at times when I was very, very unlovely. His love for me is the closest thing to the Father's love that I will see this side of heaven. Today, he turns 40.



I am truly honored that I have gotten to spend 15 years of marriage and 4 1/2 years of dating with this guy. We have the two greatest boys on the planet. We have been through extremely happy times and some extremely hard times that have tested this love. But as Solomon says in his Song,

"Place me like a seal over your heart,
    like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
    its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
    like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
    rivers cannot sweep it away.
If one were to give
    all the wealth of one’s house for love,
    it would be utterly scorned." (Song of Solomon 8:6-7)


The waters have tried to sweep over us. The fire has many times been close to going out. But the seal over my heart has not been broken. And it never will.  

Stewart, today I hope you "feel the love" from all of us! I pray you enjoy tonight as we celebrate with our closest friends. And I hope you know how much I love you. My life is infinitely better with you in it. Happy birthday to you! The boys and I love you to the moon and back!

P.S. We ought to have some exciting news coming soon! (It's not a baby. Don't even go there!) Keep an eye out here or on www.stewartholloway.net

Comments