Harvest of Joy

I have several motives behind this post, so hang on as I'm about to be a little random. The main point is this:


My children are adorable. That is all.

Another reason for this blog is a little update on Evan. We started a new medicine about a week ago. After making him extremely - and I mean extremely - lethargic, I was worried that we had another dud on our hands. Well, I am happy to say now that IT IS WORKING! His seizures are greatly reduced almost to the point that we don't see one for long stretches. He is also less lethargic now that we have been taking it for a while. This is only because of God's healing power and your prayers on our behalf. Keep praying! It is working!

Lastly, when the Lord brings a verse across your path twice in two days, it's time to take notice of it. I posted it a couple of days ago on Facebook:


I have planted some tears. Boy, have I. Monday I had an all-out nervous breakdown of tears because I felt like I had failed everyone. No one had said that to me. That was the enemy making me doubt my worth yet again. But the tears came. I felt bad about losing it the way I did even into the next day, but the Lord put this verse before me. I remembered a time about 10 years ago when I cried a heap of tears. After losing our first pregnancy to a miscarriage, I dove head-first into a deep pit of despair. I couldn't imagine why in the world God would direct us toward having a child - when I so did not want one - only to take that child away. I couldn't understand why others were expecting a child when we weren't. Then one beautiful, clear day I was driving down a country road between Forestburg, Texas (where we lived at the time) and the nearest Walmart. I was listening to a Gaither CD, which never happens. We had been given one for free, and I was kind of enjoying it. The song "I Just Feel Like Something Good is about to Happen" was on, and one line stood out to me. "Every tear I shed was worth all the investment." In that moment, I heard God speak to my spirit that this whole thing was going to be worth it. He was collecting my tears in a bottle (Psalm 56:8), and He would not forget them. One day I would harvest with shouts of joy.

About 2 years later, we certainly did. And he's about to be 8 years old.





Happy Harvest to all of you! I pray it comes with shouts of joy!

Comments