A Personal Prayer Request

Dear Friends,

Several months ago, Stewart was asked to return to our former church, Forestburg Baptist Church in Forestburg, Texas, to lead a revival for renewal in that church. Not long after that, I was asked to speak at a ladies luncheon on that Tuesday of the revival week. After months of talking about it, that week is now here. It is next week! We could not be more thrilled for the opportunity to minister to our former church, where a piece of our heart still resides. On top of that, we get to be led in worship by our former minister of music Gerre Joiner and his sweet wife Jo. It couldn't get any better than that as far as revival services go!

When I was asked to speak, I felt all along that the Lord had a hard word for me to say. He wanted me to tell a story that I have not told in public. A story that brings much pain to me and to Stewart. In telling this story, the enemy will be exposed for who he is - a liar, who only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Yet in this story, he is not the winner. God most assuredly got the victory! But the story is a hard one to tell, and I had many tears while just writing it.

Last night I all of a sudden got what my daddy used to call a "sick headache." I was dizzy and nauseated. I tried to think of where this could possibly be coming from, and I could only come up with one source - the enemy. Then this morning, I threw my back out lifting Evan (Which honestly, isn't hard to do at this point. He is pretty heavy!). Again, I knew this was from the evil one, who is trying to stop me from speaking. But God's Word will not be chained! (2 Timothy 2:9) I am asking you now that you please pray for me and for Stewart. Pray for Gerre and Jo as well. We will not let the enemy stop what God wants to do! Jesus always wins!

In Christ,
Rebecca

Comments

  1. Praying for strength and courage to fight Satan’s attacks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment