Sit With It

If you know us or follow us on social media, you probably get tired of hearing about and seeing pictures of Colorado. 


Hate to disappoint you, but you are about to hear about it again!


At this moment, we are on vacation in this little slice of heaven called South Fork, Colorado. We are using the log cabin that belongs to our dear friends Larry and Bev Lau. When we arrived Monday evening, we stepped out of the van to the freshest mountain air and cool temperatures. Our wet summer in Louisiana has kept the temperatures down, but it was nothing compared to what we felt when we got here. We were immediately ready to get inside the house and open the windows to see the river and the mountains. As quickly as we could, we ran down the steps to the dock to get a closer look. And it all awed us as usual.



I don’t know what it is about this place, but when I am here, I am at peace. There is no anxiety. We don’t have to rush or dress up. I don’t feel as if I have to do anything or be anywhere. I just sit. And I feel the Lord’s presence all around me.


The last time Stewart and I were here, it was 4 years ago, and we were in a hard season. We were weary and needed a break from reality. This place brought the peace we both needed. There’s nothing dramatic going on in my life right now. There are some issues that I am dealing with, but nothing like 4 years ago. But coming here, I know I will find the answers I need. God will speak to me in the rushing of the river, the cool breeze, the wildlife, the naps, the cups of coffee with my husband, the giggles of my boys, and just in the quiet of being in one of His most magnificent creations. His Word will jump off the page to me and into my heart, healing the places that are in need of healing and changing what needs to change in me.


There is a TV personality who often says, “You have to just sit with this.” And she’s right. She probably doesn’t mean it in the way I mean it, but it is still a true statement. Sitting still and being quiet are vessels that God uses to speak and to instruct us. We live in a loud world, and most of the time we cannot escape the noise. However, when we take the opportunity to leave it all behind, turn off the phone, and sit with God, He will surely meet us there.




Comments