Hard Days

I'm not going to lie - the last week has been hard. Not terrible, just hard. Evan has been running fever off and on for a week due to teething. And what comes with that is constant fussiness. And the need to be held constantly. He also has not eaten as much as usual. It is frustrating. As a mom, who is supposed to be able to fix everything, you have no idea what to do.

I fully realize that some days are like that. But when it's happening to you, it's sometimes hard to climb out of the pit. You feel trapped. Everything you try to improve the situation doesn't seem to help. You see the darkness closing in. And even when things seems to improve, you can't quite pull yourself up. It's a deep pit.

I have noticed something about God. No matter how deep the pit, God always provides a way out. There is always a rescue. Mine came in the form of a friend. Stewart came home with a scripture printed on a card that was made by my friend (and his super-secretary) Melinda. It was Zephaniah 3:17 - one of my favorite verses. "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” (‭Zephaniah‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ NIV)

Knowing that the God of the Universe - the Mighty Warrior - is singing over me comforts my heart. He is with me. He delights in me. He knows I am struggling. And He is ready to rescue me and sing over me. What a thought! How I thank Him for pulling me out of darkness into His glorious light!

Comments