At Some Point, I Blinked

When I was yonger, the older people used to say, "Time is flying by." I didn't agree with that statement. To me, Christmas was as slow as Christmas. My birthday seemed to never get here fast enough. Yet time moved on, and at some point, I began to sense it was moving faster. And then I had kids.

It was 7 years ago next month that Stewart and I heard Zach's sweet heartbeat on a sonogram for the first time. Seven years. I keep thinking that was just last month. It was 5 years ago on Palm Sunday weekend that I took this picture.


And I couldn't imagine him getting any bigger. Ever. I wanted him to stay this size. But then yesterday, this happened:


His daddy has waited for this day since he was born - the day he could teach Zach how to mow so he won't have to. (I didn't realize 6 would be the age for that, but whatever. Side note: Stewart stayed with him the whole entire time. And it didn't last long. Zach was over it pretty quickly.)

This morning I dressed Zach's brother up for our church picnic and Easter egg hunt in this:



Even though things move slower for Evan because of Down's Syndrome, it still seems as though they are flying by. He's about to be 2, and as of last week, he is full-on crawling! One day, he'll be on the mower, too! Time is surely flying. I shouldn't have blinked!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." (‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬ )

Comments