Happy Birthday to Me!

Most minister's wives books you read say you can't have friends in the church in which you serve. I say WRONG! This was my house Friday night:


I can say some of these ladies are ministry wives, too, but some aren't. And I am tremedously blessed by each and every one of them! 

As they were leaving, one of the girls said, "Thanks for being born so we could have this party!" And I must say I thought, "I AM thankful for being born!" This adopted kid can truly say that God knew the plans He had for her since before she was ever a blip on anyone's radar. I am thankful that he picked parents for me that loved me and raised me the right way. I am thankful for my small hometown and the private school where I spent 14 years of my life that launched me into the real world. I am thankful for my college experience that brought about my call to ministry and my husband.  I am thankful for my seminary experience and the churches we have served. I am thankful for the two precious boys Stewart and I were given even though the doctors said we would never have children. And I am thankful for a husband who can make this:


Because that right there deserves a hand clap of praise - chocolate peanut butter Reese's cheesecake cake. (Yes, all of those words in one dessert. Praise the Lord.)

Even thought the number of my years is getting bigger (We're not going to talk about next year's number yet. Or ever.), I am thankful for each one. Jesus, You are so good.




Comments