A Gift from the Heart

Evan turned TWO on Saturday! Can we process that for a moment?



TWO. Wow. What a couple of years it has been. I can't say it has been easy. I can't say it's all been good. But as Stewart said in his sermon yesterday, God has been faithful. Remarkably. Beautifully. We praise Him for that! And we love our little boy to pieces, which is why we threw him a birthday-palooza on Saturday.

Buying gifts for Evan is extremely hard because, frankly, he only likes one or two of his toys, and the rest he could care less about. And he happens to have a TON of toys because his brother had a ton. I almost included in the invitation something like, "Seriously, don't buy him a single thing!" But I didn't because, after all, what is a birthday without presents?

I have been an avid scrapbooker for many years now. I love it! It is my only crafty thing. I got Adrienne into it as well. We scrapbooked in Texas before we had children, and now we scrapbook our children's lives here in Louisiana. We do our best to keep up, though it is hard in the midst of life to find time to do it. That's why I was shocked when we opened this gift:




And inside was this:


"We pray these scriptures over you." 

And then beautiful pages with the favorite scriptures verse of each of our family members and those who are like family to us:





What better gift for this boy? We thank all of you who took the time to contribute. Mostly, I thank Adrienne who is one super, outstanding queen of a friend that would take time out of her busy life to do this. We will look back one day and see the benefit of praying God's Word over his life!

(P.S. Sorry I didn't include all of the pages! Blogger was acting up!)



Comments