2016 - A Milestone Year

When I was growing up, I imagined that every New Year's Eve was like Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. It was all one big party complete with confetti and streamers, and at midnight, you kissed the one you love. Well, now I'm all grown up, and the only New Year's Eve that Stewart and I made it to midnight was while we were dating. And I think that only happened once. And there was no confetti. This year we were in bed before 9:00 p.m., and when World War III began in our neighborhood at midnight (Our neighbors are serious about their fireworks. We're serious about our sleep.), we didn't even wake up enough to tell each other "Happy New Year." Oh yeah. We are party animals.

While we didn't celebrate the dawning of the new year, I can say I am very excited about this year! Several BIG things are happening this year in our family! First, Stewart has been given a sabbatical by the church! It has been voted on and approved by the entire church body. Starting Father's Day, we will be off for 7 weeks. We are starting to make some definite plans, and we are truly looking forward to it! It will be strange to not have to go to church for 7 weeks, but we are all ready for this adventure! Be looking for the hashtag #sabbaticchronicles2016 coming this summer!

Second, Stewart and I will celebrate 15 years of marriage this year! Part of our sabbatical this summer will be a trip for just the two of us. We are firming up those arrangements, and it looks like it's going to be a spectacular trip! I am looking forward to that part of the sabbatical the most!

Third - and I don't know if I am looking forward to this or dreading it - Stewart and I both will have a milestone birthday this year. THE BIG 4-0. Yep. It's gonna happen whether we like it or not. Since Diana (my BFF) and I will be having that birthday this year, we have decided to console ourselves with a girl's trip. We haven't taken a trip together since our senior year of high school, and we are long overdue for time together!

I am praying for God to do something new in me this year. I am praying for Him to prepare me further for my purpose and calling. No matter what your circumstances, know that God is always up to something new. What is ahead is way better than what is behind. So Happy New Year! Grab some confetti! Let's get ready to celebrate all year!


Comments