For Good

About 3 weeks ago, I started feeling like a human being again. It was glorious to live again! I had a visit with an infectious disease doctor about the same time, and he told me the fatigue from the virus could last 6-9 months. Yippee. And he wasn't kidding. If I run the roads for a couple of days, I hit a wall. Big time. I'm on the couch, hoping someone will come and feed the kids because there's no way I'm getting up!

Since I am mostly back to life, I am back to being a mom the great majority of the time. You would think that since I've been sick for so long that I would relish this role again. Yet I find myself discouraged and asking God a lot of "why" questions.

Why did I have to get sick?

Why is Evan still having seizures?

Why is Evan not progressing?

Why can't I catch a break?

Why can't I stop worrying about what will come next?

Why am I suffering?

Maybe you have asked some of the same questions. Maybe you too are in a season of life where you are wondering why. Or where. Or what. Or how. While I don't know the answer to all these questions, I do know this:

There is a purpose.

That is little consolation for what may be going on in your life or mine. We want visible proof of this. We want to see progress. We want to see movement. We want peace. Here's the truth:

We may never see all that God is trying to do through our suffering. But we can know for sure that He is using it for good.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans‬ ‭8:28‬ ‭NIV)


For your good. For my good.  For His glory. ‬‬“And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.” (Romans‬ ‭8:30‬ ‭NIV‬‬) The proof is in our changed life. The progress comes when we surrender to His good purpose for us - whether it seems good or bad at this moment. IT WILL TURN OUT FOR OUR GOOD. Hold on, dear one. He is working it out at this very moment.

Comments