Priviledged Worshiper

I am about to burst at the seams right now! Stewart's first ever book, The Privilege of Worship, is now available to order from Amazon! Seeing his name on the listing was probably the most surreal thing that has ever happened to us. I can't tell you how many books and other things we have bought (and sold) on Amazon. To know that Stewart's name is now on there is truly amazing. If you would like to order a copy, you may do so here. (It is also available for Kindle.) We also have them available at the church for a reduced price. Thank you to all of you who have already bought it!

As you know, Stewart finished this book while we were on sabbatical this summer. It was mostly done while we were in Colorado. I am so proud of my husband for finishing the work! We are so excited to share this book with you and pray it will glorify God above all else.

I am honored beyond belief that Stewart dedicated the book to me. I had no idea he was going to do that until I read the proof. I mean, I figured I'd at least get a mention in the book since 1) I am his wife, and 2) I do happen to be a musician. However, his dedication touched me. One of the desires of my heart is to be a true worshiper of Jesus. It's not because I want people to notice me or to see how talented I am. I struggled with that sort of pride in my early years of church music. But after you have been to the pit and had Jesus pull you out, you learn what worship is. After you have clung to Him for dear life because you literally had nowhere else to go, your hands tend to go up in praise. When you have seen God perform a miracle when others said the miracle wasn't possible, you sing to Him with all your heart. To quote the old hymn, Jesus is all the world to me. It's not a show. It's real. Without Him, I would be nothing. And from this realization, I worship.

If you want to learn about how great our right and honor is in worship, please do buy Stewart's book. In it, you will see for yourself how great the privilege of worship is. For me, I just feel like a privileged worshiper. I have been chosen by the King of the World to be His own and to have a relationship with Him. You have that same advantage. Take it. Don't settle for anything less.

And do us a favor! If you do order Stewart's book and read it, let us know about it! Tell us how it spoke to you or changed your way of thinking about worship. We are ready to hear from you and pray you will be blessed by what you read!

Comments

Post a Comment