To Please Him

Last week was rough for me. I know it might have been rough for you, too. My social media has been blowing up with all kinds of things that, frankly, I could have done without.

In the midst of trying to make sense of a lot of things, the Lord kept saying only one thing to me all week: PLEASE ME. It came up several days in a row during my quiet time...

So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. (‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭9‬)

And then...

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭8-10‬)

I tried to figure out why the Lord kept bringing that up, and then when I logged on to Facebook every day, I knew why. If my words, my actions, my Facebook posts, don't please the Lord, then I have missed the goal. If I don't live in His light, I have not pleased Him in the least. If I don't have the fruit of goodness, righteousness, and truth, then I am in darkness. If I don't raise my children to love Him and love others, the mark has been missed.

I'm as upset as anyone with how the world is going. But as far as it depends on me, I am going to strive to please Him. That has been and will continue to be my prayer every day.


Comments